Since this is my first build of a Voron, I decided it would be easiest to build it from a kit. Searching AliExpress, I landed on Formbot because it had a lot of great reviews. Some of the other kits either had fewer reviews or less than stellar reviews.
Here’s the one I ordered: Formbot Kit on AliExpress
- There was nothing missing from the kit. They did a good job making sure everything included.
- Frame was nicely cut and square
- Hardware (screws, inserts, etc.) were all there in sufficient quantity
- Clear polycarbonate panels were nicely cut
- Black polycarbonate panels instead of coroplast were nicely cut
- Gates belts. Cut to size with a bit extra.
- Clone E3D extruder
- Only one Micro SD card was included
- Hard to crimp silicone wires (need to be updated to PTFE)
- Build plate is machined on one side. I was taught machining one side relieves the surface stress on that side and will create a bow in the part. We’ll see how it goes.
- Took weeks to receive even though it was shipped from the US
- No-name SSR
- No-name probe
- Formbot kit was significantly upgraded only a month later
- E3D Hot End
- Octopus 1.1
- FormBot kit
- Triangle Labs Filament Runout Sensor
- Big Tree Tech 5.0″ Touchscreen